Twenty-nine senior leaders from more than two dozen universities — including Marquette University, Old Dominion University, Stanford University, University of Colorado Boulder and University of Utah — have been selected as fellows in the 10th cohort of the Academy for Innovative Higher Education Leadership, co-hosted by Arizona State University and Georgetown University.
The eight-month program, which began Nov. 6 and takes place at Georgetown and ASU, focuses on preparing the fellows to lead organizational change at colleges and universities.
During four intensive sessions in the District of Columbia and Tempe, Arizona, fellows at the academy will be introduced to the latest thinking and research about change leadership, teaching, and external challenges facing higher education and the financial sustainability of institutions.
Participants will also engage in peer-to-peer learning and coaching to reimagine the future of higher education. A mix of seminars, hands-on workshops, design sessions and fireside chats with leading thinkers from various industries will help the fellows prepare for leading innovation at their own institutions. Participants will create a campus innovation opportunity and refine their ideas with their peers through the Innovation Co-Laboratory.
Academy faculty members represent a cross section of higher-education scholars and leaders from other sectors of the economy that are facing similar challenges.
This year’s fellows are:
● Angela Banks, vice dean and Charles J. Merriam Distinguished Professor of Law, Arizona State University.
● Jason Craig, associate provost of online and graduate education, Marymount University.
● Yojanna Cuenca-Carlino, chairperson of the Department of Special Education, Illinois State University.
● Christine Dehne, provost and executive vice president, Manhattanville College.
● Thomas DeLeire, distinguished professor and associate dean for faculty, Georgetown University.
● Brigid Harrison, department chair, Montclair State University.
● Mona Hicks, senior associate vice provost and dean of students, Stanford University.
● Ryan Hobbs, associate vice president, Utah State University.
● Jaime Hunt, vice president for university communications and chief marketing officer, Old Dominion University.
● Sabrina Jedlicka, deputy provost for graduate education, Lehigh University.
● P. Brandon Johnson, senior associate dean for student success and transformative experiences, University of Utah.
● Michelle Knight-Manuel, dean, Morgridge College of Education, University of Denver.
● Zachary Landrum, director, CRM and data services, Westmont College.
● Jean McGivney-Burelle, dean of the College of Education, Idaho State University.
● Huanbiao Mo, dean and professor, Byrdine F. Lewis College of Nursing and Health Professions, Georgia State University.
● Vernon Morris, associate dean for knowledge enterprise and strategic outcomes, Arizona State University.
● Paul Nolette, director, Les Aspin Center for Government, Marquette University.
● Nick Pace, professor and chairperson, Department of Educational Administration, University of Nebraska-Lincoln.
● Gregory Reihman, vice provost for library and technology services, Lehigh University.
● Anthony Rionda, associate vice president, strategic communications, government and external affairs, Florida International University.
● Fernando Rosario-Ortiz, associate dean for faculty, University of Colorado Boulder.
● Steven Rutt, vice president, chief operating officer, Abilene Christian University.
● Samuel Santos Jr., associate vice provost, inclusion community and integrative learning, Stanford University.
● Matthew Semanoff, interim dean, College of Humanities and Sciences, University of Montana.
● Sweta Sneha, founder and executive director, healthcare management and informatics, Kennesaw State University.
● Lauren Sullivan, assistant dean for the Office of Admissions and Recruitment, Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center.
● Stephen Toth, associate dean, New College of Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences, Arizona State University.
● Steve Wilkerson, associate vice provost and chief analytics officer, University of Texas San Antonio.
● Tara Williams, dean of Barrett, The Honors College, Arizona State University.
Written by Jeff Selingo, executive director of the Academy for Innovative Higher Education Leadership and special advisor to ASU President Michael Crow.